How long will it take to bring my sister into the US? 6 Answers as of June 17, 2011

How many years to recieve my case number in us embassy? And how many years to recieve my petition letter in the u.s. embassy?

If you are a U.S. citizen and filing for your sister the approx. wait time will be at least 8 years. Best of luck.
I don't know how long and no one does, but you want to look at the USDOS Visa bulletin and assuming you are a USC, look at category F4 for your country to see what priority dates they are processing at this time. That will give you an idea as to how long. You should count on 7 to 15 years depending on her country of origin. The National visa Center can begin collecting visa fees up to 1 year before her priority date becomes available. The case number will come fairly quickly but not the processing. I hope this helps. Good luck!
If you are a U.S. citizen your sister is in the Family-based 4th preference category: http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html There is a new Visa Bulletin issued each month so you can monitor what Priority Date they are working on (different columns reflect the country of birth of your sister). A Priority Date is established when the I-130 Petition is first filed. Since this is a very slow category USCIS does not rush to adjudicate them but the Priority Date is established on the date of filing. A slow adjudication actually works in the favor of any minor children of your sister as it extends their eligibility after age 21 by the number of months the I-130 remains pending so you would want a long adjudication.
If the sponsor is a USC sibling current processing times are at about ten years. File the first step now because that gets you in line.
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
A lot depends on what country your sister is from. See visa bulletin.