How long will it take my sister to petition us to immigrate to the US? 4 Answers as of March 03, 2011

I am living in England. My sister filed for my children and I in 2006. How long will it be before we might get through to the states please?

The State Department comes out with a new Bulletin each month and you can see how your category is moving forward or backwards. Look at the approval notice from the I-130 your sister filed. It should show the Priority Date for your case. This is the important date for this chart which changes monthly.

I would be happy to consult with you on your case. I do charge for consultations but whatever is paid for the consultation would be a credit toward the fees for your case if you retain us for further work after the consult. The consultation can be scheduled as indicated below by contacting my secretary, Janet, by phone or by email.
Assuming your sister is only a greencard holder and not a U.S. citizen, it could be quite a few more years (4-5?).
A US Citizen petitioning a sibling is a 4th Preference case. The current waiting time is approximately 11 years if you were born in England. If you were born in Mexico or the Philippines, the wait time is 15 and 23 years respectively. Since the petition was filed in 2006, it could take another 5 years of more for the Priority Date to be current and before you and your children can immigrant. If your children turn 21 years old before that time, they may be protected under CSPA, but that cannot be determined until the priority date is current.
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang processing time.