How long will it take me to get my green card? 2 Answers as of February 22, 2011

I am Pakistani citizen. I recently got an employment based green card. I am planning to get married in Pakistan. I heard family based green cards are taking around 4 years (based on March 2011 visa bulletin). Is it true for Pakistani citizens also or there is no backlog for Pakistan?

Where you are from does not affect wait time. You should check www.uscis.gov for processing time. However, among factors that affect your wait time, the quality of your filing package is the most important because a marriage certificate alone does not qualify your marital status for immigration purpose. If you fail to prove your marriage is compliance with immigration law's requirements, you will likely be denied.

Therefore, it is important to efficiently prove your own case. If you think retaining professional representation is good idea, which actually is, to save time, you are welcome to contact us. Best Wishes!
It will take about 3 years since there is backlog for all countries. Spouses of Green Card holders are in the Family Based 2A category.