How long will it take for someone with a warrant to be deported? 4 Answers as of January 26, 2011

My brother was pulled over for no tail lights. When they ran his name they found out he had a warrant so they took him in at court. They found out that INS had an order of deportation now he is in custody. How long does it generally take for a person that has orders already to be deported?

It depends on where he is, whether he fights the deportation, etc. If you want an assessment, contact my office and we can advise procedures and fees and consult with him on any relief from deportation.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
Technically immigration can remove him out of the country at any moment. But normally it can take from weeks to months until the deportation is executed.
It really depends. He may want to move for volunteer leave so that he is not subject to immigration bar.
How long it takes depends on many factors. If the person has proof of his citizenship (ex. a passport or birth certificate) they can be deported in a few days or the same day they are picked up. If they do not, it can take weeks or months for DHS to obtain the necessary documents to return the person to their home country. During that time the person is usually kept in DHS custody.