How long will it take for someone to sponsor me? 2 Answers as of February 27, 2011

My boyfriend is in the US and I am in Guyana. He is 20 and I am 16. If he comes to Guyana and marries me and then sponsors me, will I get through and how long will it take?

If he is a green card holder the process may take 3-5 years. If he is a U.S. citizen, he needs to first turn 21 before he can petition for you. And the best process is probably to go through a K-1 Fiance visa application first, that way he can get you to the USA within 3-5 months, after which you would marry in 90 days and apply for your green card after that. There is much more than that, of course. If you want to have your boyfriend and you consult with me, I would be happy to help. E-mail or call, either is fine.
He is not eligible to sponsor you until he turns 21. As long as how long, please visit www.uscis.gov for processing time.