How long will it take for my husband to get his green card? 3 Answers as of May 16, 2011

I got my green card on October 2010 (my mum is the US citizen and she applied for me), and then I got married. My husband is outside the USA and I applied a green card for him and the case has been started since April 3 2011. I want to know how long does it take for him to take his green card? I am waiting to hearing from you soon.

Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
The wait list for spouse of a permanent resident is about five years. The spouse of a U.S. citizen is immediately eligible for residence. I have been practicing for over 15 years. Our immigration law firm has been in the immigration field for more than 45 years. We have handled cases with experience, integrity, and good effect. We offer payment plans with no interest.
I cannot tell you exactly how long it will take. What you can do is to check the USDOS's visa bulletin at this address: Your petition will be in the family category 1 through 4 for your country (either 1 of the 4 listed or the 2nd column from left). Keep checking. If for instance you were to become a USC in 2015, then he could get his Immigrant visa right away with any luck. Right now they are processing July/August 2007 applications in your category. Good luck!
It will take approximately 7 years from the date you filed the I-130 petition for the priority date to become current.