How long will it be before I receive my green card from outside the United States? 4 Answers as of August 01, 2011

My Fiancé and I are moving to Australia for a year. She is a United States Citizen and I am Australian while we are there we will get married. My questions are Can we apply for my green card while we are both still in Australia? How do we apply for my green card from Australia and how long is the wait time until I would be granted a Green Card? Or is it easier to apply for a green card whilst we are both in the USA if so which visa would I need for entry to the United States with intent to get a green card?

If your future wife has a valid employment based visa in Australia, she may ask the US consulate about their procedure to accept her petition.
Its easier to apply for a green card at the consulate in Australia.
Your fiance can petition for you while outside the U.S. and you would pick up at the U.S. consulate where residing.
If you are married, you either file for the immigrant visa or the K-3 to enter the US to apply for adjustment of status. As your US citizen wife will be lawfully residing in Australia (I presume), the US consulate there should have jurisdiction to accept a direct filing of the I-130 relative petition. Contact the consulate or embassy directly to confirm she can file there. If not, she files it with the USCIS in the US.