How long will I have to wait from turning myself in until I go to court for a felony while waiting in jail? 6 Answers as of October 09, 2013

I have a warrant. I will shortly be turning myself in. Due to my record, I am not expecting a bond so I'm wondering how long I will sit in county jail until I am taken to trial?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You should expect to sit in jail 4-6 weeks before your court date, and 6-8 months before your jury trial.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 10/9/2013
Hammerschmidt Broughton Law
Hammerschmidt Broughton Law | Mark A. Broughton
That depends. You should be brought to court within a day or two from the date you are taken into custody. But how long it will take to get to trial is an entirely different matter. It depends what stage of the proceedings the case was at when you failed to appear, and a number of other factors. It is impossible to tell you with only this little information.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/7/2013
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
Six months from the time you plead not guilty.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 10/7/2013
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
That would be 6 months.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 10/7/2013
Law Office of Eric Sterkenburg
Law Office of Eric Sterkenburg | Eric Sterkenburg
Defendants in jail are required to have the arraignment within three court days of the arrest. If in jail after the arraignment on a felony, the preliminary hearing has to be within ten days of that. There is then a second arraignment after that. Then pre-trial hearings before the trial. The trial is then 60 days after the second arraignment. During this time, the time between the second arraignment can be extended beyond the 60 days if the defendant waives time.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/7/2013
    Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
    You should speak to and retain a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. They will answer many of these questions, and ensure you are taken care of quickly and with the best possible outcome.
    Answer Applies to: Minnesota
    Replied: 10/7/2013
Click to View More Answers: