How long will I have to wait from turning myself in until I go to court for a felony while waiting in jail? 6 Answers as of October 09, 2013

I have a warrant. I will shortly be turning myself in. Due to my record, I am not expecting a bond so I'm wondering how long I will sit in county jail until I am taken to trial?

You should expect to sit in jail 4-6 weeks before your court date, and 6-8 months before your jury trial.
Hammerschmidt Broughton Law
Hammerschmidt Broughton Law | Mark A. Broughton
That depends. You should be brought to court within a day or two from the date you are taken into custody. But how long it will take to get to trial is an entirely different matter. It depends what stage of the proceedings the case was at when you failed to appear, and a number of other factors. It is impossible to tell you with only this little information.
Six months from the time you plead not guilty.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
That would be 6 months.
Defendants in jail are required to have the arraignment within three court days of the arrest. If in jail after the arraignment on a felony, the preliminary hearing has to be within ten days of that. There is then a second arraignment after that. Then pre-trial hearings before the trial. The trial is then 60 days after the second arraignment. During this time, the time between the second arraignment can be extended beyond the 60 days if the defendant waives time.
    Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
    You should speak to and retain a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. They will answer many of these questions, and ensure you are taken care of quickly and with the best possible outcome.