How long will I have to wait after we are married to start the immigration paperwork? 3 Answers as of May 10, 2011

I am a U.S Citizen and am getting married in December 2011. Me and my fiance complete a year in Aug and he is currently in Mexico. How long will I have to wait after we are married to start the immigration paperwork?

You can start the process the minute you are married. The process starts by filing an I-130 petition and once approved move on to the immigrant visa process since your fiance is in Mexico. The whole process will take about 6-12 months.
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
You don't have to wait at all. As soon as the two of you are married, you can file an I-130 petition on his behalf. Once that is approved, the petition will be forwarded on to the US embassy via the national visa center. The whole process should take about 7 to 12 months.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
You can start immediately after you guys get married.