How long will I have to pay a fine for Criminal Trespassing? 1 Answers as of June 30, 2011

I received a citation for criminal trespassing, this is my first non-traffic offense, and my first offense at all in over 3 years. It was at an abandoned theme park and we were only taking pictures. When I go to court how long will I have to pay the fine (assuming that is the punishment issued)? I am presuming it will be a fine based on my record, but if I cant pay it that instant will they give me a date to have it payed, or make me spend time in Jail?

Bloom Legal, LLC
Bloom Legal, LLC | Seth J. Bloom
In most cases the court will give you a date by which to pay the fine. It is possible, based upon your financial situation, to ask for an extension to allow yourself more time to get the money together. This is something you will need to explain to the court administrator or clerk to whom you are referred to make payment right away. Failure to pay the fine by the date given may result in the issuance of a bench warrant for your arrest and/or additional contempt of court fines.