How long will I have to go to court for 2 felonies and 3 misdemeanors? 3 Answers as of March 07, 2011

I have two felonies and three misdemeanors. I haven’t gone to court yet. How long will it take this was my first time being arrested do you think I will have to do jail time?

I am Richard Goolsby, The Goolsby Law Firm, LLC located in Augusta, GA. You do not provide enough information as to the specific charges. I would recommend, however, that you hire a criminal lawyer as soon as possible, because, based upon the limited information provided, this clearly is a serious situation. Good luck!
I don't know where you were arrested. So, I cannot tell you when you will have yoru first court date. Because I have no idea of what the charges are, I cannot tell you what you are facing. It one of the felonies is robbery, you will be facing prison time. If one of the felonies is shoplifting you might not be facing prison time.

Let me make two suggestions: (1) keep the courts (specifically the Court of Clerks and prosecutor's office apprised of your current address; and (2) schedule a consult with a knowledgeable attorney and get a real idea of what you are facing. You don't have to retain an attorney, but you can at least get some good advice. IF YOU WANT TO SIT DOWN WITH ME THERE IS A $ 150 COSULT FEE. HOWEVER ALL OF MY PROSPECTIVE CLIENTS FIND IT WAS A WELL SPENT $ 150. You can also check otu my website at: www.lawrencelewispc.com

You should also note, this "dead time" is typically when I work out great deals for clients. So, while you might be facing six months in jail followed by five years on probation when you finally do go to court, your co-defendant (who I may represent) has worked out his cse to three years on probation.Good luck.
Harrison & Harrison
Harrison & Harrison | Samuel Harrison
How long it will take depends on where you have been charged. Some metro Atlanta counties are badly backed up; cases can take 6 months or moreto go fromarrestto the case'sfirst appearance in the trial court. Itusually takes less time in the more rural areas of the state.