How long will a drunk driving charge stay on my record and why? 8 Answers as of August 27, 2015

How long will a drunk driving charge stay on my record if it is my first offense?

FOREVER, unless it is expunged.
10 years. Why? Because that what the law says.
Forever until and unless you have it expunged.
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
First time misdemeanor DUI conviction will stay on your driving record and criminal record forever. It is possible to hire an attorney to file a petition to expunge a first-time misdemeanor DUI conviction after 10 years have passed with no other drug or alcohol related law enforcement contacts.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
10 years. That's the law.
    Pearson, Butler, & Carson, PLLC
    Pearson, Butler, & Carson, PLLC | Matthew R. Kober
    The short answer is: Forever, unless you expunge it, which you won't be able to do for 10 years, assuming you are eligible. Every charge always stays on your record unless it is expunged. This includes cases that are dismissed or even cases where you go to trial and win. It even includes pleas in abeyance. It is very common for people to think that a charge will eventually come off your record. Again, a charge NEVER comes off your record unless you expunge it. In order to expunge a record, you must be eligible. Certain offenses require different time periods to wait. A DUI charge requires a waiting period of 10 years. However, if you have too many charges, or pending charges, you might not be eligible. Eligibility is a complicated analysis. Just call an attorney who does expungements and he/she can explain things to you in more detail.
    In the State of Wisconsin it will remain on your record period. I think the same goes for the federal record center, called NCIS.
    Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
    There are different record systems but usually the max of seven years.