How long will the alcohol education program last? 31 Answers as of July 02, 2013

I just got hired for a job. Me and my friends celebrated it, got a DUI offense afterwards. I have to attend the program and it might affect my job.

Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC
Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC | Jacob Peter Sartz IV
I'd recommend you retain a lawyer to help you or you ask the court for legal counsel.You have a right to counsel. Don't be afraid to exercise that right. It depends on the type of program ordered by the court and whether you complete it.
Robert Mortland
Robert Mortland | Law Office of Robert Mortland
The class is typically 32 hours/ 3 months. However, it could be as long as 18 months depending on the facts of your case.
Law Office of Elizabeth B. Carpenter, Esq.
Law Office of Elizabeth B. Carpenter, Esq. | Elizabeth B. Carpenter
There are several alcohol awareness classes that are held on weekends. It should be possible to schedule the class around your work schedule. Otherwise, my advice is to discuss this with your probation officer.
Mark Thiessen, Attorney at Law
Mark Thiessen, Attorney at Law | Mark Thiessen
Usually one week, but every county is different.
One is a two day program, one is a day long, and one is two hours. It will be determined by which one you are required to attend.
    The Short Law Group, P.C.
    The Short Law Group, P.C. | Shawn Kollie
    Alcohol Treatment is a required condition of any DUI Conviction or Diversion Program in Oregon. Dependent on your evaluation with the treatment provider, alcohol treatment can last anywhere from 3 months up to 1 full year. It is important to talk with a DUI Lawyer who is knowledgeable about the different treatment options you have. This can save you both time and money.
    DeVito & Visconti, PA
    DeVito & Visconti, PA | John E DeVito
    The Alcohol Education Program in Massachusetts is a 40 hour program that runs over a 16 week period. You are required to attend a 2 hour class each week for 16 weeks. Classes are usually during the evening to accommodate those who work during the day. In addition to the 32 hours of classroom time; 8 hours of AA and MADD must be attended.
    Brucar & Yetter, P.C.
    Brucar & Yetter, P.C. | Wayne Brucar
    The amount of classes you will have to take will depend on the level you are given on your alcohol evaluation. You are looking at anything from 10 to 75 hours of classes and aftercare.
    The alcohol class related to a DUI is dependent on the evaluation or alcohol assessment you obtain as part of the intake process.
    Often these are a weekend program depends on the particular program. You have to ask the program people.
    16 classroom hours over seven weeks.
    Law Offices of James A Bates
    Law Offices of James A Bates | James A Bates
    If it is your first DUI, the school is normally three months. If your alcohol level was over .15 the school can be six to nine months.
    Every city is different, the DWI school will take 10 -40 hours and you will have to get a conditional license. Your insurance will rise dramatically, and you may have to get an interlock device for $750 for 6 months. You should retain a good criminal lawyer to try to get the best possible disposition in the case.
    T.K. Byrne | Timothy K. Byrne
    Four weeks either set class for Saturday or Thursday.
    Larry K. Dunn & Associates | Larry K. Dunn
    The level I dui school is usually an 8 hour course that is available on-line.
    H. Scott Basham, Attorney at Law, P.C. | H. Scott Basham
    The court's order should indicate how many hours or days you have to attend the classes.
    However long the court ordered you to attend. Look at your paperwork.
    If it is a first offense, the program can be as short as 3 months and as long as 9 months. That's why it is better to hire a DUI specialist to explore alternatives to pleading guilty.
12 3 4 5 6 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney