How long is the waiting period to petition for a spouse as a US citizen? 8 Answers as of December 28, 2010

I am a US Citizen and I already petitioned my husband in the Philippines just recently. How long will it take for him to come to the US?

It normally takes about 3-5 months for an I-130 petition to be approved, once accepted. After that, assuming that your husband is still in the Philippines, the time it will take for the CIS to process the approved I-130/I-129F visa forms and get them to the U.S. Embassy in Manila is approximately about a month, and about 8 days after that for the Embassy to notify you of the time of your interview. All told, it takes about 6-8 months. If there is any way I can be of help, give me a call or e-mail.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
There's no waiting period. There is a visa available immediately. The only wait is while they process the petition, which may be between 3 and 6 months.
Usually the process takes about a year from start to finish.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns you might have.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
It takes about 6 months for the petition to be approved. Once the petition is approved, the file is forwarded to the National Visa Center who will request for the visa fee, then forms + original documents. Once everything is received at the NVC, the case will be scheduled for an interview in Manila. Expects at least 9-10 months from start to finish, more if the paperwork was not done correctly, and the USCIS and or NVC asks for more documents because something was missing in the packet.
It depends. Average wait time could be six months to one year!