How long is the waiting period to file for a I130 petition? 7 Answers as of April 09, 2012

My daughter became a US citizen last Sept, 2011. She filed her petition (I-130) for me to join her last March 06, 2012. How long is the waiting time as I would like to prepare myself.

It depends on your country of origin and the priority date of the petition. I don't know anything about that. But do look on the USDOS website or just type "visa bulletin" in your web search box and it will come up.
LAW OFFICES OF ALAN R. DIAMATNE APLC
LAW OFFICES OF ALAN R. DIAMATNE APLC | Alan R. Diamante
The waiting time is about 6 months-12 months at average. DHS is not consistent. We need more facts to determine how long the entire process will take since the I-130 is only part of the process.
Mayo Mallette PLLC
Mayo Mallette PLLC | Thomas J. Rosser
The waiting period for adjudication of an I-130 Immediate Relative (Parent) Petition depends upon the USCIS backlog of immigrant visa cases at any given point in time, but, on average, from 5 to 7 months from date of receipt of the I-797 Receipt Notice. The delay is not in the availability of immigrant visas for the Immediate Relative parent since there is no quota for such IR's, but rather depends on the number of such cases still in process at the USCIS Service Center handling the particular case.
Law Offices of David Stoller, PA | David H. Stoller
The answer to your question is that it generally takes about 6-12 months from the time the Form I-130 is submitted until the visa beneficiary is here in the US (assuming that that the petitioner is a US citizen, the beneficiary the parent and the beneficiary will be processing through the US Consular Office abroad). About 3-6 months of the time is required for processing of the I-130 by USCIS and the remaining period is for processing of the approved immigrant visa petition through the National Visa Center and the US Consulate. If you are wondering as to whether an attorney can make it go any faster, the answer is not really. I file the applications in the same place as you would. Difference is that I have handled hundreds of these and have a fairly good idea of what needs to be done, how it needs to be done and how to do it correctly. So I think that an attorney can assist in making sure things are done correctly and to the extent that there are issues or concerns, addressing the same and finding resolutions with the knowledge and experience handling work like this will provide. Hope that answers your questions. Good luck.
If you are outsie the us it usually takes about 9-12 months. If you are in the us you can apply for the i485 together with the i130 or while it is pending.
    HADJIAN LAW P.C. | ZARI HADJIAN
    At least a year depending on, in which country you reside
    The processing time is about a year to 1.5 years. The first step is the I-130. After it is approved, you will apply for an immigrant visa. Eventually, you will be interviewed t the U.S. Embassy/Consulate to determine whether the visa should be issued.