How long should it take for an attorney to file a declatory complaint? 3 Answers as of September 03, 2013

My attorney was to file a declatory complaint and it has been over a month since I have heard from him and he won't return my phone calls.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Dessy & Dessy, a Professional Corporation | Ronald D. Dessy
You should send an email or a letter to your attorney demanding a return of any funds you deposited with the attorney, instructing him that you no longer wish to proceed with the filing of the complaint, due to his refusal to communicate with you. Keeping a copy of that email or letter for your records. If the attorney fails to refund your deposit within 30 days, you should contact the State Bar for assistance.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/3/2013
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S. | Joseph T. G. Harper
The complaint may have been filed. The next steps would be to serve the complaint on the opposing party and wait for a response. Typically there is a 20-day time limit. If no response within 20-days, then your attorney could move for an order of default. A month's time may not be unusual if this is the scenario. However, your attorney should have informed you of what is going on. If the case has not even been filed yet, I would call to find out why not.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 9/3/2013
Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
I don't what a declatory complaint is. A month may not be unreasonable but the failure to return phone calls is unreasonable.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/3/2013
Click to View More Answers: