How long of a sentence can you get from breaking and entering and theft charge? 5 Answers as of January 12, 2015

My friend broke into a Medical Marijuana shop and stole approximately $800 of weed. They are 18 and admitted to it all. They have no prior offenses and have never been in trouble with the law. What can they expect?

They can get up to 10 years in prison for B&E of a building.
It is certainly going to be felony B&E. They need to stop talking to anyone and obtain legal counsel ASAP. Very serious case.
VALENTE SCHARG & ASSOCIATES | DEAN VALENTE
Depends on how they score their sentencing guidelines. Because of their ages, they would be eligible for HYTA which can keep them from having permanent criminal record. Hire a good local criminal attorney to give more detailed investigation. My opinion is only a best guess without knowing ALL the details about them & the crime(s) charged.
The NEED for an attorney, these are very serious charges and carry prison time on conviction as a possible sentence.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C. | Mattias Johnson
Unfortunately it is really impossible to predict without more information. I would say that there will likely be fines and some jail time but would need to speak with the prosecutor and see the police report to really know.