How long it will take to petition for my mother to immigrate to the US? 8 Answers as of January 31, 2011

How long will take the process of petition for my mother and establish her residency? She lives in Czech Republic and is retired. I am us citizen, married, employed with 2 children.

7-12 months - contact me as indicated below for forms and fees to move forward.
Pauly P.A.
Pauly P.A. | Clemens W. Pauly
The I-130 petition for your mother will take approximately 180 days to be processed. After that you will have to expect that the process of dealing with the National Visa Center and the US Consulate in Prague will take another 6 months until she has her interview and can be issued her immigrant visa. I would recommend that you use the services of an immigration lawyer for this process since it can become confusing.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
If you hire my office, she will get her green card within 8 to 10 months. She will enter the US as a green card holder after picking up her green card in the US Embassy in her home country.
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
You may file for an I-130 for your mother. However, because she currently lives in the Czech Republic, she will have to adjust through Consular Processing, at the Embassy located there. Every Embassy is different with immigrant visas, so the time may depend on how many visas that they are processing. It should not take more than 8-9 month to complete the process unless your mother has issues that make her inadmissible.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
The first step (Petition) takes about 5-6 months. Consular processing (Second step) takes about 3 months.
    On average it takes 9-12 months from the time the I-130 petition is filed until your mother would receive her immigrant visa interview in Prague. Once she receives her immigrant visa she can travel to the U.S. and upon entry into the U.S. becomes a Legal Permanent Resident ("Green Card").
    Calderón Seguin PLC
    Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
    It takes about 3 to 6 months for the I-130 petition to be adjudicated by USCIS and then another 3 to 6 months to complete the processing necessary to get your mother scheduled for an interview at the U.S. Embassy. I can't say for sure about the timing of the interview because it depends on the country, but I don't imagine the wait for the interview would be long in the Czech Republic.
    Check uscis.gov for processing time.