How long it take to enter the US if marrying a Green Card holder? 2 Answers as of June 22, 2011

How long it could take, if I marry to Green Card holder, to enter to the USA? I got my Green Card in July 2010. My husband is in Russia and I am Russian resident. Thanks.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
No one knows exactly how long it takes. You want to look for the "Visa Bulletin" on the web and look for category F2A. That will tell you what priority dates they are processing right now and give you an idea as to how long it might take for your husband. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/22/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
It is currently taking a few years. You can file the first step now though as that will start the process. If you become a USC in the meantime, that petition will upgrade for you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/21/2011
Click to View More Answers: