How long is a felony DUI on your record? 7 Answers as of June 23, 2011

How long does a felony DWI stay on your record. We are looking to adopt a child and when I researched it I read that you can't adopt of you are a felon. My husband had 2 DWI's within 10 years but the last one was about 7 years ago.

As a general, rule a conviction stays on your record permanently unless you make an application to the court to expunge it. You should hire an attorney as it is not easy to expunge a felony especially 2 of them within 10 years.
Gonzalez Law Associates P.C.
Gonzalez Law Associates P.C. | Carlos Gonzalez
Dwis and most criminal charges remain on your record permanently in the state of new York, there's no way to change that unless they will accept a certificate of relief from disabilities
Your criminal record in New York State will last forever and can never be expunged, erased, or removed from the computer. There are sometimes exceptions made to the rules surrounding adoptions and you should retain an experienced adoption attorney to research the issue.
A felony DWI will be on your record forever.
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
You need to make an application for relief from disability. We can represent your husband in that.
    Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers
    Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers | Alexander Sanchez
    In New York it stays on forever, unless you are pardoned, or the conviction is vacated. You may want to apply for a Certificate of Relief of Civil Disability which restores many civil rights. This may permit you to adopt, but you must consult a lawyer who practices in this area for clarification.
    Rothstein Law PLLC
    Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
    Forever. There is no expungement in NY. Perhaps a Certificate of Relief From Civil Disabilities can help.