How long does a traffic warrant in Michigan stay on your record? 5 Answers as of June 21, 2012

I got three tickets over seven years ago. Do I still have to pay them or will they go away? This is in Michigan.

Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC
Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC | Jacob Peter Sartz IV
I'd recommend you retain a lawyer to help you or you ask the court for legal counsel.You have a right to counsel. Don't be afraid to exercise that right. The warrants will usually remain open for a very long period of time. There is no real time limit for warrants; however, in the interest of docket management, occasionally a prosecutor will ask the court to drop really old warrants to clear up the court files. Usually, the best course of action is to turn yourself in and take care of the warrants.
If they are for moving violations then they suspend your license when they are not taken care of and you have to deal with them sometime.
Dungan, Lady, Kirkpatrick & Dungan PLLC | Michael Dungan
Tough to say, legally the warrants can stay active for forever. Practically, many court administrators close out old files after a number of years. If you are suspended for non-payment or failing to appear in court on these tickets, that will affect your ability to renew your Michigan license, and would probably effect your ability to get a license in another state, so you may find yourself in a position where you have to take care of them.
Your tickets in Michigan, if unpaid, would have gone into FCJ status, and your license would be suspended until the fines were paid and a reinstatement fee is required for each.
Nothing goes away. Warrants will be in the lien system and you will get picked up on a traffic stop here and maybe elsewhere.