How long does the state have to file for criminal charge? 1 Answers as of August 16, 2011

Long story short my business partner fraudulently took funds from an escrow account to the tune of 650k this was discovered in April of 2007. The company the owners and wives were sued for fraud intentional tort theft by conversion racketeering etc . My Question is how long does the state have to file criminal charges?

The Grundy Law Firm, PLLC
The Grundy Law Firm, PLLC | Elvin Grundy
Felony embezzlement, fraud, and criminal racketeering charges can be filed up to seven (7) years after their discovery by the State or its political subdivision. (See A.R.S. 13-107(B)) However, a criminal indictment for "any misuse of public monies or a felony involving falsification of public records...may be commenced at any time." (See A.R.S. 13-107(A)) Given the renewed emphasis on bringing white collar criminals to justice, it is imperative parties to such criminal investigations secure defense counsel immediately to begin structuring an aggressive defense and mitigate the specter of a potentially never-ending criminal indictment.