How long does she have to get a copy of the police report and decide whether to file charges against him? 1 Answers as of July 26, 2016

My daughter was the victim of an act of domestic violence by her boyfriend.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
Your daughter cannot file charges against anyone unless she is a State's Attorney. Any police report which is made after the fact is going to be suspect. The longer she waits, the more suspect the report.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 7/26/2016
Click to View More Answers: