How long does the police have to enter an MIP into the Court System? 1 Answers as of September 04, 2015

So I got my first ever charge on 8/15/15 for minor in possession of liquor. The cop gave me a phone number to call so I could find out my court date. I've called every week up and they just keep telling me they do not have my ticket. I was floating on the river when we got stopped by "river patrol". I called today and they said she doesn't have it yet and to call back Thursday. Does anyone know how long the police officer has to get the ticket into the court?

The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
There is no deadline for how long the police have to file the ticket. Sometimes they file their tickets every 2 weeks, sometimes it's every 4 weeks, or longer. If you hire an attorney to represent you, you won't have to monitor it and your attorney will take care of it for you.