How long does my wife have to serve time for domestic violence? 4 Answers as of August 12, 2011

My wife has been in custody since 6/10/11 she was caught on a warrant from 7 years ago for domestic violence. It is a misdemeanor. Now her project release date says 9/30/11 she was given 7 days credit I called document control in down town la and they told me she has to do 75% . So is that 75% of her project release date? Which would be then half of the actually time? I’m so confused I just need someone to help me figure out if I am doing the calculations right.

The English Law Firm
The English Law Firm | Robert English
The release date takes good time into consideration when it calculates a projected release date. 9/30 would be the estimated date.
It sounds as if she was convicted for the charge. Right now is California inmates are doing 2/3 of the time unless it was a specific crime that requires 85% time. If you call the jail they will give you the most accurate release date.
However long the court sentenced her to, subject to credit for time served, less % discount. The posted release date should be correct.
Law Offices of James A Bates
Law Offices of James A Bates | James A Bates
There is no way to tell when she will be released. It is totally up to the Sheriff's department depending on crowding. The projected release date has nothing to do with it. I wish I could predict but no one can.