How long does it take to someone to file for immigration? 5 Answers as of June 21, 2011

I'm getting married in July to my fiance, in Orlando Florida, how long will it take for him to file for me, he is an American citizen for over 10 years.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
You are eligible, if you came into the USA legally, to have your husband file an I-130 petition for you, which will be processed in about 3-4 months before it is approved. If it is approved, you then can file for adjustment of status, an application which will take at least another 4-6 months. That is the case even if you came legally with a visa and overstayed. But do not leave the country while your petition/application takes place. I would be pleased to assist with yours and your husband's petition & application process. Call or e-mail me to schedule a phone consultation, which will last about an hour. The fee for that is $75, which will be credited to any contract you may enter into with me. I hope to be of service to you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/21/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
He can file for you the day that you have your civil marriage documents from the State of Florida. If you came to the US with a visa, then you will qualify to file an adjustment of status packet, meaning you file all the necessary applications at the same time without the necessity to file an I-130 first and waiting for it to be approved. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/21/2011
The Jarrett Firm, LLC
The Jarrett Firm, LLC | Patrick Jarrett
Once you are married, your husband can file on your behalf. The amount of time it will take for the petition to be adjudicated will be dependent upon whether you qualify to adjust status or whether you will have to consular process. An experienced immigration attorney can review your case and let you know what your options are. Best wishes.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/20/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
Congrats on the pending marriage. As soon as you get married and have the certified marriage certificate your husband can petition for you so you can get your work authorization, travel documents and green card. The process if handled by a competent Immigration Attorney should take no more than 6 months. If you would like my office to assist, please call for a free consultation.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/21/2011
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
If you entered the U.S. with inspection then the adjustment of status should take around 4 to 5 months.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: