How long does it take to receive residency after approval? 6 Answers as of January 27, 2011

My mom just got her case approved, my uncle petitioned my mom and I, and our case just got approved. I was wondering how long does the process take after its approval?

Congratulations. Anywhere from a week to a month to get the PR card. If not received in about three weeks follow up with call to USCIS.
By case being approved do you mean the I-130 petition was just approved, or her adjustment of status application was just approved? If you mean the I-130 petition, it will take another 10 or more years before your mother will be eligible to apply for her Green Card. If you mean, her adjustment of status was approved, then she should receive her Green Card in 1-4 weeks.

If only the I-130 was filed, you need to check the Visa Bulletin to determine exactly how long it will be until your mother's priority date is current. Once the priority date is current she can apply for adjustment of status (if in the U.S. and eligible) or begin consular processing (if outside the U.S.).

The VISA Bulletin can be found at the Department of State website at: Visa Bulletin
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
There are several steps of sibling sponsored green card application. I assume you mean the first step I-130 was approved and your mom and you are still in your home country. In this case, you have to wait for several months (and do some paperwork) before the actual visa interview in the consulate.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
That depends on when your Uncle had filed the petition for your Mom. That category is about 9 years behind so check the date it was filed the approval date isn't the date to look at.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
My clients usually get their cards 12-25 days after approval.
    Calderón Seguin PLC
    Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
    It depends on your priority date and visa availability. It sounds like the category is F-4. Here is February's bulletin. You may want to discuss this with an attorney simply because there are other requirements for permanent residence including maintenance of lawful status and a legal entry. So, if you are hanging out waiting for this to happen and you have overstayed your visa, you may not be able to use this petition INSIDE the U.S.