How long does it take to put an arrest warrant out for someone being acussed of using a stolen credit card? 12 Answers as of April 30, 2013

My daughter found a credit card in the parking lot were I work.0 She told me her boyfriend's mom gave it to him to get her some food, so she got some food and I checked her out. Now they are trying to say I was involved. I also used the card to get gas, not knowing it was stolen. Can I be charged?

You can be charged but you believed that the card was legit. This is a defense.
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. The short answer is that you can be charged as either a principle or accessory. Whether or not there is enough evidence to convict you needs to be seen. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. He/she would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
Same question, same answer. Yes, you can be charged. The police will inform you about the warrant when they inform you about the warrant.
Yes you can. If you used a credit card without permission, the inference is you knew or should have known it was stolen or lost. Either way it is a felony. You probably will receive a summons in the mail as opposed to having a warrant issued. Be sure to go to court when ordered. Don't have any drugs or weapons on you. Dress nicely and be polite and respectful.
Law Office of Charles J. Block
Law Office of Charles J. Block | Charles J. Block
You can be charged - but you have a defense as you did not know the card was stolen. Make sure you speak with an attorney before you go to Court.
    I would need further information to answer better, but generally there are different time periods for different offenses for the prosecutor to file charges ( probably a year or more for many offenses ). You should hire an attorney.
    Law Office of Mark Bruce
    Law Office of Mark Bruce | Mark Corwin Bruce
    You can be charged but it is a defense if you thought you had permission to use it. Problem is, since you did not talk directly to the person who owned the card, you'll have a hard time proving you thought you had authority.
    You used the card, you can also be charged. Your daughter certainly knew the card was "stolen". I use that word because, although she "found it", she knew it was not hers, and when she chose to use the card, she committed credit card theft. Your situation may be a little different. If you truly did not know it was stolen when you used it, but believed you had permission to do so, you may not be charged criminally, BUT you will be responsible to pay back all the moneys you charged. My question to you that causes me to be a little suspect of your story is: Your daughter told you that the card belonged to he boyfriend's mom, who said your daughter could use the card to buy food, then why were you buying gas?
    Dennis P. Mikko Attorney at Law | Dennis P. Mikko
    It possible that you could be charged. After the police conduct their investigation, they will forward their report to the prosecuting attorney who will determine what, if any, charges will be brought. The process should be completed rather quickly once the investigation is complete.
    Yes, you used a card that was yours.
    Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
    You very well could be. Hopefully your daughter will advise, with an attorney, that you knew nothing about the card.