How long does it take to get a visa from the NVC? 2 Answers as of May 04, 2011

Can you tell me please how much time it takes the NVC when they take the visa fee for (spouse visa). I have a green card but I am no citizen yet.

It takes a long time. Exactly how long is anyone's guess but what you want to do is check the USDOS's visa bulletin at this address: Your petition will be in the family category 2A for your country (either 1 of the 4 listed or the 2nd column from left). Good luck!
The National Visa Center does not issue visas. They are the agency which collects fees and documents for the various consulates around the world. They receive the approved I-130's from USCIS, collect the Department of State fees, forms, and original supporting documents and then hold the cases until 1) the file is complete and all fees are paid; 2) there is a current Priority Date in the classification you are the beneficiary of; and 3) the consulate has an interview slot for you.

For spouses and children of permanent residents the category is FB-2a (or FB-2B if the unmarried child turns 21) which is backlogged several years. You should become a U,.S. citizen as soon as you are eligible (usually 4 years and 9 months after you became a PR) as this will upgrade your family's cases to a more favorable category depending on their relationship to you. You may contact me at the number below if you want to schedule a consultation.