How long does it take to get a visa for my wife? 6 Answers as of July 25, 2011

I recently married my wife in Sri Lanka. I have already submitted my I-130 form and two g-325a forms for myself and for my wife. I'd like to find out how long the processing will take and my wife's visa issued because we're longing to reunite as fast as possible as it is a very difficult time to be apart like this.

Are you a US citizen or permanent resident? If you are a US citizen, it takes about 6 months for the I-130 approval and about 1-3 months for the immigrant visa interview.
If you are very organized, the process normally takes 9-12 months. Good luck!
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
The process varies, but will take a few months at least. There are many additional steps that must be taken. The faster and more accurately you comply with the process the faster it goes. It is a good idea to have a lawyer assist you through. Many times petitions get delayed for a reason that was preventable.
It takes approximately 6 months for the I-130 to be approved.
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
The Immigration Service takes up to 6 months to adjudicate standalone I-130 petitions. Your wife must then apply for an immigrant visa through the National Visa Center. Processing times depend on your responsiveness to document requests and the availability of interview appointments at the Consulate where she has to appear to get her visa. Give or take approximately 3 months.