How long does it take to get a VAWA approval? 1 Answers as of August 11, 2011

I want to file for vawa based on the Texas common law marriage.my husband and I have been together for 11 years. I'm the so provider and we have 2 children. His employment is on and off often lasting a week with a whole lot of excuses. I have all documentation to prove common law marriage that include insurance,tax records, financial records, friends and family. I have all police records. His still abusive and threats me now when I say I'm calling the police. What are my chances? How long does it take for approval? I came as an f1 student and I'm currently out of status. Another thing is, I fell into a fraudulent scam for immigration were I could get my status changed through the 1984 dream act. Once I realized the person was a scam, I abounded my case. I already have a "A" number. Pls help with suggestions.

Consult with an experienced immigration attorney. VAWA cases need to be prepared well and often will require a professional evaluation from a mental health professional. Your previous filing may complicate your case, depending on what you filed and what you put on the form.