How long does it take to get residency from a sibling? 3 Answers as of February 22, 2011

I know it takes about 10 years to get the green card from a sibling, I also know you can file I-130 and I-864 at the same time. How long does it take to get permanent residency in that case? I am 24 years old under f1 visa my sister is an U.S citizen.

Sibling of a U.S. citizen is FB-4th. Here is the Chart for March showing the Priority Date they are working on based on country of birth. This Bulletin changes each month on the tenth of the month prior and you can access this at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
You know already...10 years or longer.
You do not file the I-130 and I-864 at the same time. An I-864 is filed when filing for adjustment of status or part of an immigrant visa application. It will take at least 10 years for you to be able to apply for a Green Card based on a petition by a U.S. Citizen sibling. The filing of the I-130 does not permit you to remain in the U.S. or obtain employment authorization. Also, unless you have another legal bases to remain in the U.S. through the ten years, you will not be able to adjust your status in the US since you will be out of status.