How long does it take to get a K-1 visa? 5 Answers as of October 17, 2010

How long does it take to process a K-1 visa petition?

It takes about 4-8 months overall to get a fiancee visa: 2-4 months for you to file the I-129 visa to obtain the successful fiancee visa petition; 2-4 months for your fiancee to then make the K-1 application at the U.S. consulate/embassy, which will give her entry into the USA, during which you have 90 days to marry and then change your status to conditional permanent residency for two years. If you would like the assistance of an attorney I would be glad to help; call or e-mail me, and we'll set up an appointment for a consultation to start your representation.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
Depends on the country and how well you did your homework about the process, but generally it can be anywhere between 6 to 9 months.
It somewhat depends on the country where the K-1 will be processed, but typically, from filing to issuance of the visa is about 7-10 months.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.