How long does it take to get an eviction off of your record? 4 Answers as of August 13, 2013

It happened 12 or 13 years ago in 2000 or 2001 and I leased an apartment with someone and they just up and left. We had to go to court for it and had 30 days to leave. However, if I’m trying to put my name on someone’s lease is that going to affect me because where I want to move they don’t allow any evictions. How do I find out if it’s still on my record? Or does it get erased after a certain amount of years? Please help.

Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
Not a landlord tenant Q. Order a credit report?
William A. Siebert
William A. Siebert | William A. Siebert
Just like any other debt. You call the three credit bureaus and look to see if it is still there. Usually, debts over 10 years are dropped from the records, but this is not a legal requirement.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S. | Joseph T. G. Harper
Evictions will not be erased from your record. They are civil actions that remain unless a satisfaction of judgment is entered, or 10 years expire. After 10 years, the judgment will no longer be enforceable in Washington unless the judgment holder pays a fee to renew for an additional 10 years. There is no renewal after a total of 20-years. If you want this off your record, you should contact the judgment holder and arrange to pay the judgment.
Victor Varga | Victor Varga
If Maryland, there is no such record.