How long does it take to file child support papers? 1 Answers as of August 09, 2011

I have a daughter, I'm a young parent, 20 years old. I've taken care of her since birth alternating with the mother, I've actually spent a lot of time with her. I also smoke weed and aware that that can be a deterrent when going to court and could stop me from getting joint custody, I also want to know how much weight that would carry in court. Her mother also smokes marijuana and I do plan to mention that when/if she tells the court that I smoke marijuana. I do plan on quitting but I'm also aware of how long it takes marijuana to leave the system which brings my question to how long do I have before I go to court. Thank you.

Probably around 30-60 days from the date you file your petition with the J&D Court to get a hearing date which is also probably about the length of time necessary to deracinate all traces of the "weed' from your body.