How long does it take to file chapter 13 bankruptcy to save my house from foreclosure? 9 Answers as of July 11, 2017

Before filing bankruptcy, you need to take an online course that takes about 2 hours and costs around $10. Once you've done the course you can file an emergency bankruptcy in 15 minutes (I would recommend you file a normal bankruptcy, but if you don't have the time, you don't have the time).
OlsenDaines | Rex Daines
1 day with the right attorney.
How soon does it take you to gather your financial records, complete the mandatory pre-bankruptcy credit counseling class and pay me my retainer? I have often said that in a pinch, I can FILE a Chapter 13 bankruptcy in 20 minutes if you do not mind that I will do a crappy job that I will have to fix down the road. But I am not doing anything until you do your part and convince me that you will continue to comply with the requirements of Chapter 13. We can be together in a Chapter 13 for 5 years, longer than some marriages. I do not want an unpleasant relationship lasting that long, do you?
You can file a "partial petition" fairly quickly (your name, social security number, and a list of all your creditors). You should immediately go online to do the mandatory class to file your BK. You can not file your BK case without doing the class first. It takes about 90 minutes and costs $17.95. Go to www.GetBankruptcyCertificate.com (caps for emphasis only). The class can be done 24/7. However, you'll have to call them in the morning and give them your email address so they can email you the completion certificate (the toll-free number is at their website). Most attorneys will require a deposit up front, plus the court filing fee of $310 plus the costs of pulling your credit reports (approximately $75). Because you are filing so quickly, all payments to the attorney are typicality cash (you will get a receipt for the case payment). Most attorneys can also accept a credit card payment from a third party (e.g., your parents, a brother or sister, a friend, etc.). I am assuming your foreclosure sale is Wednesday morning, so you need to act now - time is of the essence! Put together a list of all your creditors - name, addresses, account numbers, and your best estimate of the balances. THIS LIST MUST BE COMPLETE. There is more involved, but this is enough to get you started. Good luck!
Benson Law Firm
Benson Law Firm | David Benson
A skeleton filing can be accomplished very quickly. Contact a qualified bankruptcy attorney in your area ASAP!
    It can be done quickly - you need to take an on line "credit counseling" class now. It should take about 2 hours. Do it now.
    Rhymer Law Firm
    Rhymer Law Firm | William Rhymer
    In GA, a mortgage holder has to advertise the sale date once a week for the four weeks immediately before the set sale date. The sale can only take place on the first Tuesday of a month. There are forms to fill out and credit counseling to do before filing a Chapter 13. The next sale date in Georgia is August 1, 2017. You have time to get prepared. You must have a case filed before the sale or it is too late to save the house. I would recommend you talk with an experienced bankruptcy as soon as possible.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C. | Stuart M. Nachbar
    If you have your credit counseling, a bare bones petition can be done in an hour.
    Garner Law Office
    Garner Law Office | Daniel Garner
    It can be done as quickly as you can do the mandatory credit counseling.