How long does it take for USCIS to approve your I-130 for green card holder to bring spouse to USA? 10 Answers as of February 28, 2013

Currently the wait times for the priority date to become available is about 2-3 years.
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
The process is generally about 2 years.
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
Current processing time for approval of I-130 petition filing for his wife under F2A is about 28 months. In order words, in that category, visas that are now current in that category were filed November 2010
The Law Office Kevin L. Dixler
The Law Office Kevin L. Dixler | Kevin Lawrence Dixler
It depends. If there is a request for additional evidence, it can take as long as it takes USCIS needs to take to approve or respond with a decision or request for additional evidence. In addition, there are three steps to the petition process. The first is with USCIS. The second it with the State Department's National Visa Center. The third is with the Consular Officials at the Embassy or Consulate. If there is a problem with a spouse's criminal, immigration or marital record, then the matter can be delayed even longer. It can take up to a year, perhaps less depending upon how quickly each of the steps proceed. This is why some applicants hire a competent and experienced immigration attorney to help document and review the petition, so that unneeded delays are avoided, where possible.
Law Office of Rebecca White
Law Office of Rebecca White | Rebecca White
Processing times vary but can be quite lengthy, as the wait for a priority date is quite long. You may want to review other immigration options for the spouse, or review the wait time to be eligible for US citizenship.
    The answer depends upon what service center the petition is pending.
    Calderón Seguin PLC
    Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
    USIS can take several months to approve a petition, but the true wait-time is based on the visa bulletin issued by the Department of State. Currently, the wait time for a spouse of an LPR is a little over 2 years.
    Katz Law Office, LTD. | Christine M. Contreras
    The actual I-130 petition will only take about 5 months to be approved, but depending what country you are from will determine when the visa actually becomes available.
    Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
    USCIS is approving the I-130 petitions in 6 months if there are no issues, but your spouse will not be eligible to apply for an immigrant visa until her priority date is current. Look at the Visa Bulletin published by the Department of state monthly. (copy attached) November 2010 is the date for the spouse of an LPR. This is the F2A preference category.
    Law Office of Jeffrey Lisnow | Jeffrey Lisnow
    It all depends and every case is different. Consult with an attorney who can guide you correctly.