How long does it take for a US citizen to file for married child? 8 Answers as of April 10, 2013

I hear it can take up to ten years. Other persons say it can be only four or five years.

It can take about 6-7 years for most countries.
It depends upon visa availability, but it is typically ten or more years.
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
It takes quite some time, but I would strongly suggest filing this now as soon as possible. This category make disappear if there is immigration legislation.
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
An I-130 petition filed by a US citizen for a married child is in the 3rd family preference category F3. Depending on the married child's country of citizenship, the petition will take between 8 to 21 years to become current.
The Law Office Kevin L. Dixler
The Law Office Kevin L. Dixler | Kevin Lawrence Dixler
There is no set time. The Visa bulletin, with its changing priority dates, moves backwards forwards, unexpectedly. If your family is from Mexico or the Philippines, you can expect significant delays, perhaps, in excess of 10 years. I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration visa attorney to best understand how family based visas work. Sometimes, family members may be disqualified from a visa. However, you may not find out until it's time for processing years later when a visa is available.