How long does it take for a non immigrant to get a permanent residency after getting married to a US citizen? 4 Answers as of March 13, 2011

How long does it take for a non immigrant to get a permanent residency after getting married to a US citizen?

Probably, 6-9 months after submitting all required paperwork/documentation.
I am needing to know a lot more about your case, whether you came into the country legally, whether you are still "in status" or if you have overstayed the time allowed under your visa, whether you married in the USA or overseas. But if there is no difficulty with your legal status otherwise, it takes about 6-9 months to get a visa, possibly 12 months. If you would like to consult with me to obtain the help of an attorney, feel free please to call or e-mail to set up an appointment.
Count 2 yrs & 9 months from the date on your conditional green card, then you can file for your naturalization.
The average processing time in the Los Angeles District is 4-6 months from the date the Adjustment of Status application is filed to the date of your interview. Most cases are then approved at the interview.