How long does it take for a misdemeanor charge to show up on a background check? 6 Answers as of March 26, 2012

How long does it take for a misdemeanor charge to show up on a background check? I am in the new york state. I was charged back in November. They submitted charges on December 1,2011. I have done two different background checks on two different sites and nothing shows up. I paid all restitution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I do not know how long it takes, it probably depends on how busy the people doing are and what other priorities they have. i suggest you contact the court personnel about it.
Lutwin & Lutwin, LLP | Joel M. Lutwin
It depends on the reporting agency-it is still fairly soon-but it will appear.
Your criminal convictions will show up on the NYSID police computer the next day and other computers soon after that. If the case is sealed and dismissed it will still show the arrest on the NYSID computer but the search computers will not show it.
Bruce Plesser | Bruce Plesser
It should have shown up upon entry of charge in computer.
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
Immediately upon conviction.
    Law Office of Richard Southard
    Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
    The question is better asked of the sites that you are paying to search. You may want to ask them how updated their information is. If you plead guilty to a misdemeanor, then the record is public immediately. It may take up to 24 hours to get entered into a computer by a clerk but you should assume that it is a public record as soon as you took the plea.