How long does it take for me to become a LPR? 3 Answers as of August 01, 2011

My brother is a US Citizen and when he files for my parents they become legal permanent residents,my question is ,since i am 17 years old when my parents file for me how long will it take for me to get my permanent residency?Because i don't want to wait for 5 years for them to become US Citizens and i want them to file for me right away.

It depends on your country of birth. Check the visa bulletin on State Department website.
It will take you years before your parents can petition for your green card if they are lawful permanent residents.
Your brother can file an I-130 petition for you with a ten year wait. Your parents can file for you too, if they are LPR's or USC's. If they are LPR's, then it will take 2-3 years. If they are USC's then your file will only take about 9-12 months for full processing.