How long does it take for a greencard holder to bring a spouse to the US? 6 Answers as of December 17, 2010

I have a greencard and I want to bring my husband to the USA, so what should i do? And how much time it takes?

After your petition for alien relative is approved, which should take 2-4 months to happen, it will be up to 2 1/2 years at this time (although it could change in as little as a month, for it was only a few months only a month ago
Currently, it will probably take about 9-12 months.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
It should take less than a year for the process to be completed. Your need to file an I-130 petition for him.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
You have to file a petition before immigration. The waiting right now is of about 6 months for a visa to be available. You can contact us at 3059103002 if you want to talk to an immigration lawyer.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Depends on the country he is from. The process is done in two steps. The first step involves sending a petition. It takes about 5-6 months to get a decision.
The second step is filed when the visa is available. The visa is available right now for the spouse of a permanent resident who filed the petition before March 2010 (Mexico) or before Agust 2010 (all other country). When the visa is availble, the NAtional visa Center (NVC) will send a bill and ask for various documents. When all documents are in order, the NVC will forward the file to the consulate abroad for an interview. The second step may take 2 to 6 months, depending on the speed of the consulate abroad. (Some Consulates are slower than others). From start to finish, I usually tell my clients between 9 to 15 months.