How long does it take for a green card holder to bring a spouse from Kosovo to the US? 3 Answers as of January 27, 2011

How long does it take for a greencard holder to bring a spouse from Kosovo to the US? My case now is in the state Service Center. Am I waiting to be approved? How long do I have to wait until she gets her visa?

Probably, quite a few years. If the greencard possessor were to become a U.S. citizen, that would undoubtedly speed things up considerably.
You should check www.uscis.gov for service center's processing time. Good luck!
There are three stages to the case - 1) I-130 filed with USCIS office; 2) approved I-130 is sent to national Visa Center which collects money and forms for the Department of State consular offices. 3) Case is shipped for interview and medical

Right now there are only visas for cases which were on file prior to January 1, 2008 so even if step 1 is approved and the case is shipped to NVC it will be held there until your Priority Date is current. Priority Date is established by the date the I-130 is received by USCIS. Until there is a visa nothing will move forward on her case. You should file for citizenship at your soonest opportunity as then her case would be upgraded to immediate relative.

If we can assist in the processing of her case, please contact me as indicated below for fees, procedures, and timing.