How long does it take for the grand jury to indict you on a felony charge when you are not in jail? 3 Answers as of July 25, 2013

I've been going to court on a felony charge for 6 months and they are still making me go back to court. Why are they taking so long? The case should be dropped by now. They had plenty of time to indict. Aren't my rights being violated?

You should get a local attorney to help you in this matter. There may be an argument that they have had enough time and are simply on a fishing expedition.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
The DA in New York has 180 days of speedy trial time to get the case ready for trial and the indictment must occur before the expiration of this speedy trial period. However, there are many reasons why this period can be extended and ultimately the defendant can be indicted any time before the statute of limitations for the crime expires. Even if charges are dismissed, new charges can sometimes be brought and a new indictment issued. New reports indicate that it often takes two years or more to indict and get c case ready for trial.
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
You should talk to your lawyer about what is going on. (If you are charged with a felony, you should have a lawyer.) Since you are on bond, they have until the statute of limitations runs on the case to indict you. No, your rights are not being violated.