How long does it take for a bail reduction hearing? 8 Answers as of May 09, 2013

They denied my husband bail at his preliminary hearing. It's set at 30,000. We put in for a bail reduction hearing. How long does that take?

Derek L. Hall, PLLC | Derek L. Hall
If you have an attorney, I suggest you ask your attorney this question. If you do not, consult an attorney as soon as possible. There are a number of avenues to pursue a bail reduction and you would be required to make a number of factual showings, which would require evidence of assets, liabilities, ties to the community, prior criminal history (or lack thereof), etc.
It depends on the scheduling by the court. The hearing can be scheduled in a short period of time, up to a month or two. The actual hearing should take about 15-30 minutes, at most.
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
After he has had a bail review hearing, which he should have had shortly after arrest, he has no right to another one, unless he can show a change of circumstances since the first one. Consider seeking a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney.
He was not denied bail IF he has a $ 30,000 bail. He was denied a bail reduction. IF the lawyer files a motion, the hearing may be set in thirty days.
Law Offices of Marshall Tauber
Law Offices of Marshall Tauber | Marshall Tauber
At the next available court date where he is scheduled to appear.