How long does it take for the attorney to prepare the case? 12 Answers as of April 29, 2015

I submitted all necessary documents on Jan 31, 2015 and attorney not ready to file as of today, April 21, 2015.

7 to 14 days, tops!
Deborah F Bowinski, Attorney & Counselor at Law | Debby Bowinski
You must contact your attorney - only he or she can answer your questions as to why the file is not ready yet.
Depends on the attorney but I usually have a file ready 3 days after I receive all documents.
It takes about two hours to prepare a routine consumer Chapter 7 and about 4 hours for a Chapter 13. More complex cases, usually this means they are business owners and need accounting and/or tax services, can take a couple of weeks (because information needs to be collected from third parties). Emergency cases (to stop a foreclosure or a garnishment, for example) are done on the same day but it is more expensive. If this firm hasn't prepared your petition in 3 months, they are incompetent. You should get your records and money back and go to a competent firm.
Novakov & Associates, PLLC
Novakov & Associates, PLLC | LINDA S. NOVAKOV
That time frame does seem to be extraordinary. Have you called to make sure the attorney is not waiting on additional information from you. At this point the attorney will need updated pay stubs and bank statements at the least.
Answer Applies to: Kentucky
    Charles Schneider, P.C.
    Charles Schneider, P.C. | Charles J. Schneider
    Depending on your co-operation in obtaining the required documents about a week.
    Every time a month elapses, all the work needs to be done over again. Does your attorney have your January, February, March & April wage records? Does your attorney have the credit counseling certificate? Is the certificate still good or has it expired? Nearly 50% of my time is wasted nagging clients to provide me with documents required for me to prepare a bankruptcy.
    I can do it a few hours..... contact your state bar and complain. Also contact the local United States Trustee's Office (contact information on local court web site) and complain. All you income information is now out of date. The math can be re-done in less than a 1/2 hour.
    Either you, or some other person, submitted virtually the same question earlier this week. Almost three months is considerably longer than other lawyers take. In this office, we can usually have the papers ready to review with the client, correct as needed, sign and file within a week or ten days after the client gives us the necessary information. I would demand action from the lawyer, or ask for your papers, and most of your money, back. If, on the other hand, you have not paid him or her, that is a totally different problem, and does not necessarily reflect poorly on the lawyer.
    The Law Offices of Ryan F. Beach, PLLC
    The Law Offices of Ryan F. Beach, PLLC | Ryan Beach
    The time it takes to prepare a bankruptcy filing depends on the type of filing and the complexity of the case. I would estimate that most Chapter 7s take approximately take 1 to 2 hours to prepare. I have probably spent anywhere from 30 minutes to 6 hours preparing a Chapter 7. Chapter 13s are generally a little more complicated. I would estimate that preparing a Chapter 13 takes approximately 1 to 4 hours. Again, if the 13 is complicated, it may take more time.
    Tokarska Law Center
    Tokarska Law Center | Kathryn U. Tokarska
    Yeah, that is ridiculous! My turn around time is one week or less with most cases being ready for signatures and filing within 3-4 days after all the documents and legal fees have been paid.