How long does it take for an i485 decision to be made? 12 Answers as of June 28, 2013

I got 360 approved and also been to interview for i485 on June 22nd, but the officer told me they will let us know by mail when decision is made.

You can look at the processing times for this type of petition on the USCIS website.
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC | Brian David Lerner
It takes normally a few months.
If you have no decision made as of yet, you should probably call in to see what the hold-up is. Unless they told you to wait a certain amount of days prior to calling. My experience with that type of application is that they are approved on the spot or in very few cases within 2 weeks of the interview date.
Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
In Houston, usually up to 30 days, but could be as long as 6-12 months or longer.
Usually 30 to 90 days depending on why there was a delay in the decision. You can make an appointment through Infopass and inquire as to the status of the petition.
    Law Offices of Patricia M. Corrales
    Law Offices of Patricia M. Corrales | Patricia M. Corrales
    Unfortunately, there really is no time table. If you had the assistance of an attorney when you filed your I-360 and your I-485 interview, you should work with your attorney to inquire what the status of your case is. If you have no decision by the end of August, I would certainly inquire with USCIS.
    Baughman & Wang
    Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
    Many factors could affect the decision on your I-485. If no decision after 6 months of interview, you should consult with an attorney or consider file a mandamus action to compel a decision.
    Law Office of Grady G Gauthier | Grady G Gauthier
    How long the process takes depends on where the petition was filed and under what classification, for you it is Special Immigrant (I-360). Please see https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do for information regarding processing times.
    Perez-Jenkins Law, LLC | Patricia Perez-Jenkins
    The decision can take several months. The decision will be made by mail. Sometimes an attorney can make a request to check the status when too much time has passed but it does take a while for a decision to be made.
    The answer depends on many factors. Typically, a decision is reached within a week or two of the interview. However, the decision could take longer if additional information was requested or background checks needed to be completed.
    LAW OFFICES OF ALAN R. DIAMATNE APLC
    LAW OFFICES OF ALAN R. DIAMATNE APLC | Alan R. Diamante
    It can be approved anytime. Technically, if the officer had everything in order, he could have approved the matter after the interview.
    Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
    Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
    The USCIS Atlanta Field Office is inconsistent in the amount of time it takes after an adjustment of status application to render a final adjudication. Sometimes an officer will make a decision by the end of the day, perhaps with review by a supervisor, and then will issue and mail a decision within just a few days. Addressing novel or unusual legal issues, providing insufficient documents, or complications with security background checks all have been known to produce delays of several months or even longer. The USCIS does not consider itself to be unduly delayed until six months have elapsed since the last action (such as an interview).