How long does the immigration process take? 8 Answers as of August 02, 2011

Hello my husband was deported 4 months ago 3 days before our son was born we are all in mexico now I am legal in the U.S. I wish to get him papers so we can all go back together I wish to know what we have to do to get him his papers and how long it will take since there is no work down here and we live with the little money that I brought for our son.

Law Firm of Caroline Dreyfus PA
Law Firm of Caroline Dreyfus PA | Caroline D J Dreyfus
Hello. Your husband may be eligible for a waiver. This is a long and complex case. I strongly suggest you speak to am attorney.
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A.
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A. | Felipe Augusto Malo
If you are a Resident the process will take about 3 yrs. If you are a US Citizen the process will take about 1yr. However he will need a waiver to forgive his deportation.
Since he is deported, he is subject to at least 10 years bar. His only chance is to get a waiver. You should retain a lawyer's assistance.
If your husband was recently deported, in all likelihood he will not be eligible to be considered for reentry into the U.S for around 10 years or so from the date he was deported.
This question may not be answered if we do not know how long he was in the US, if he had departed prior to deportation and reentered without inspection, if he was deported for a crime and if you are a US citizen or not.
    It depends on his manner of entry, immigration violations and if anything was filed prior to April 30, 2001. It seems like he will need to apply for the immigrant visa at his home consulate and will need a waiver. Consult with an immigration attorney.
    The-Immigration-Lawyer.com, PC
    The-Immigration-Lawyer.com, PC | Scott D. Mills
    To answer your question I must know if he was actually deported or received a voluntary departure.
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
    Your husband is barred from returning to the U.S. because of his deportation. For how long depends on the grounds for his removal. He may be able to overcome the bar(s) through a waiver(s) once you filed an immigrant visa petition on his behalf and the petition is approved. It can take anywhere between one to two years to go through the application process, depending on what waiver(s)s are required. You need to consult with an experienced immigration attorney because his chances for a return depend on a host of issues that need to be assessed before even starting the application process