How long does the i130 petition take to process? 4 Answers as of February 20, 2012

How long does the i130 petition take to process? My husband filed for my i30 on December 9th how much longer will it take for me to get my status fixed?

It really depends on how he filed it (with the concurrent I-485 for you or not), whether you are in the US unlawfully and would need to go outside the US to consular process and possibly face a bar to reentry, and what your husband's immigration status is (US citizen or permanent resident) and what your country of birth is. The I-130 may take 4-6 months to be adjudicated but unless you provide answers to my other questions, it is not possible to give you a complete answer to your questions. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.
Are you in or out of the U.S.? Is he a U.S. citizen or permanent resident? If you are in the U.S. and he is a U.S. citizen, you may be eligible to adjust status simultaneously. Contact me as indicated below if you want the specific s of your case reviewed.
LAW OFFICES OF ALAN R. DIAMATNE APLC
LAW OFFICES OF ALAN R. DIAMATNE APLC | Alan R. Diamante
If it is done properly it can be 4 to 6 months.
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
Processing times depend on whether the I-130 was filed separately or in conjunction with an I-485. A stand alone I-130 takes approximately 6 months. If filed concurrently with I-485, approximately 3 months in most parts of the country.