How long does the I-130 form process take? 3 Answers as of February 10, 2011

My mother is an US citizen that lives in the US and she filled an I130 form for my unmarried sister over 21 that lives in Juarez Mexico in 2009. How much longer does she need to wait? Also, her tourist visa was stolen and when she tried to apply for a new one, but it was denied because they say she cannot have two petitions at once. Is this true? What can she do?

This process takes a long time.
You can check processing times on www.uscis.gov.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
Her mother's petition will take 10 or more years to reach the green card stage. The waiting time is 10 years or more for US citizen mother filing for unmarried daughter above 21 years of age from Mexico. She was refused the tourist visa because she has immigrant intent. She must show that she will definitely go back to Mexico after her visit, but the problem is that the US Embassy most often will not believe her and will refuse the visa on suspicion that she won't return to Mexico.